Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pirates Lair

I am planning a trip to carova in july and was looking at renting a house from sun realty called Pirates Lair. Does anyone know anything about this house and more importantly is there alot of traffic on the beach there. Also, are the beaches fairly private? I really am wanting to be able to take all our beach chairs and toys down to the beach once and leave them there since our house will only be 300 ft from the beach. Any help would be appreciated.



Pirates Lair


JHS



Looks a decent place for the money. I%26#39;m not sure how far up into Carova that is but from I saw last year, the first couple of miles from where the pavement ends were fairly busy. Too busy for me to want to rent there, and just for that reason.



However I have heard that if you%26#39;re close enough to the Virginia border, it%26#39;s not as bad. I stayed on Whalehead beach in Corolla last year and saw that several people left there items up against the banks of the beach instead of hauling them back %26amp; forth. I would imagine if theft was a problem they wouldn%26#39;t have been doing that.



I cose not to, only because the beach stuff we used belonged to the home owner and I didn%26#39;t want to risk it.



I think no matter responses you get, you are taking some inherent risk.





Pirates Lair


You%26#39;d need to check a map maybe. It could depend on the drop off and how much area you have where the tide doesn%26#39;t come in to take the stuff out and no one drives on it. And then where it wouldn%26#39;t be too close to the house in between you and the beach to bother those people while you store it out of the way of tide and drivers.




You may also be taking a risk of losing some items to the tide overnight! I don%26#39;t think that you should have any problems wih theft up there. It%26#39;s a pretty quiet, and family oriented place. I would, however, really watch the tides the first day and see how much they come in at your house. If you%26#39;ve got a wide stretch of beach, you%26#39;ll probably be fine.



I am not familiar with the home you are looking at, but Carova is nice, and you shouldn%26#39;t have a lot of traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment